Monday, May 4, 2009

Likin' The Nightlife = Likin' To Boogie

Hey there, kiddies.

It's about 2:45am, and I'm trying to maintain my newly developed sleep schedule. I just finished my first four days of midnights, and now I have the next three days off. Once I'm back, I'm officially on my seven-on / seven-off schedule. That will be the next hurdle to, uh, hurdle. I haven't done seven straight days on midnights yet. Not at Walgreens, anyway. I did it plenty when I worked for the PT, but that was a long time ago. It should be fine. I have easy access to a boatload of Coke, so I'll be able to make it through the nights. The trick will be maintaining some semblance of a similar sleep schedule on my days off. I probably won't stay up until 10am like I am now, but I'll get it rather close. If I try to go back and forth a lot with my sleep patterns, I will most likely have a psychotic break. Best to avoid that, what with summer school about to start and all.

The trick will be having things to do at 2:45am. At least with school I'll have homework and junk to do. Beyond that I'll need activities that don't involve making a lot of noise. Tonight I dumped two garbage cans full of grass clippings in the woods at the end of my block. I'm sure I looked pretty shady walking down my street at 1:30am with a full trash can of grass, though I doubt anyone saw me. The downside is that now my hands smell like rotting grass, a smell that won't come off despite three sepreate hand-washings. Kinda gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment